Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

Hi babes! As you may know, foundation is my number one can't live without beauty product. I have a lot of redness in my face and having a good foundation makes ALL the difference for my look and my confidence. I have tried a lot of foundations through the years (read the rest of my reviews here), and one thing I can say for certain is that you do not want to count pennies on your foundation if quality coverage is a priority for you. Not saying that all high end foundations are amazing, but I've honestly never gotten ALL the things I want out of a budget foundation. What do I want? Let me sum up:

- a good colour match for my fair, neutral skintone
- medium to full coverage that doesn't look too heavy
- a satin or matte finish
- and a long lasting product that does not start getting greasy or shifting around on my face after a couple of hours

Giorgio Armani foundation is known for its superior quality, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying any of them yet. That is about to change as I will be reviewing GA's To Go cushion foundation today. Will the foundation live up to my standards? Let'stake a look!

Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

I didn't list a gorgeous packaging in my list of requirements, but I have to say that the Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation looks absolutely scrumtious. That bright Christmassy, candy apple red, that slanted case, the GA logo and the little sponge/puff with the ribbon: it all looks super luxe. One of the main reasons to buy a cushion foundation is that these are very practical to pull out on the go, and can't you just imagine grabbing this little treasure from your purse to brighten up your daily commute? Swoonworthy. And the closure is super secure so don't worry about spilling anything in your beloved handbag.

Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

I received this product in shade #2, the lightest available shade, and as you can see it is absolutely perfect for pale skintones - to the point where it even is slightly too pale for me right now! I have some lingering suntan in my complexion, but this one will probably match me perfectly in January. I think the shade is similar, lightness-wise, to Revlon Colorstay 110 Ivory.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, though, so let's see how it performs on my face!


As you can probably tell, left is the before and right is the after. You can see that I have a lot of redness and unevenness in my skintone if I don't wear any foundation. My red cheeks have always been a frustration of mine, but at least they make it very easy to demonstrate the pigmentation in foundations. These before/after collages always look so satisfying to me. I used the little sponge pad that comes with the To Go foundation to apply the product lightly all over my face, slightly building up the foundation in the places where I have the most redness. 

I only needed to use a tiny bit of product to get nice coverage, and the end result looks absolutely gorgeous: there's still the natural glow of my skin peeking through, but the finish is still satin-matte instead of dewy. The product feels incredibly lightweight on my skin, very comfortable. I also quite like the applicator! The shape makes it easy to get into the corners of your face, and the sponge doesn't lift up previously applied product when you go in for a second layer.

Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

While the foundation is slightly too pale for my face right now, it matches my neck perfectly in undertone and shade. I only applied the foundation to my jawline and there is no demarcation line to be seen (that I can tell).

Beauty: Giorgio Armani To Go cushion foundation review

Wearability-wise, this one performed as well as my favourite long-wearing foundations, meaning that if I set it with powder I can get it to look good to great all day until I take my makeup off at night. Of course, it's winter now, which means that my skin is a bit drier and not as prone to getting oily during the day. But when my skin is dry and I wear the wrong type of foundation, my skin can tend to "eat up" the product to the point where I get a patchy finish after a couple of hours, and that does not happen with Giorgio Armani To Go.

All in all, this is a splendid foundation. Only issue I can think of is that the shade range isn't that extensive, and that cushion foundations are always relatively expensive because you only get a little product in the packaging. You shouldn't simply approach this as a regular day to day foundation however, this is a perfect touch-up product during a long day at the office, or before going out. This product is available at Planet Parfum, retailing at about €65.

If you have any questions: shoot!

No comments