Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review

Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review

Hi guys! I hope you're enjoying that (faux) marble backdrop, because you will be seeing a LOT of it in my upcoming product reviews. I know it's a ridiculously cliché beauty-blogger thing to do, but I honestly love the clean, classy look of marble as a product backdrop, and it is SO easy to have a set-up that always works, because it definitely helps save time when preparing blogposts. I bought a roll of self-adhesive wallpaper (if that's what you call "plakfolie" in English, lulz) in a marble print and used it to freshen up an old Ikea table. You can find a roll for like 5-10€, and it's so easy to put together a good photo set-up that way. Can't recommend it enough!

Anyway, to get back to the point of this post: I received some Galénic products, and after trying this Ophycée primer, I felt I needed to share my experiences with you guys. I don't generally use primer (other than eyeshadow primer) because in my experience, primers never give the result I expect. Usually they make my skin look dry and my makeup seem cakey and uneven, and because my foundation is already pretty high coverage and has great staying power, I don't feel like I need a primer.

The Galénic Ophycée Instant Unifying Corrector goes the extra mile, though, as it doesn't just have an instant wrinkle and pore erasing effect, but extended use also brings firmness back to your bare skin and smoothes out wrinkles.


Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review

The primer contains blue algae, which explains why the product is light blue. The cream emulsifies upon application and, according to the website, eventually settles into a powder-like substance. I didn't notice that myself, but that probably just means that the powder is very fine and hence doesn't leave your skin overly mattified or dry as powder tends to do for me.

Less talk, more rock: let's see how this looks on my skin, applied after my daily moisturizer.

Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review
Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review

This was when I knew this product was a winner. The pore-smoothing effect is amazing - I promise that I did not edit these pictures in any way, but the difference is pretty huge without making my skin look or feel dry. I feel like my natural glow is enhanced, and the redness and hyperpigmentation in my skin is subdued.

This is what it does for my foundation:

Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review
Beauty: Galénic Ophycée primer review

My pores have become almost invisible. My skin is also more matte, but that's only partially because of the primer: the light wasn't as flattering when I took the pictures where I was wearing the primer underneath my foundation. As my foundation is super long-lasting anyway, I can't say much about how this primer works to improve the lasting power, but it did improve the coverage, without making my foundation look caked on. I'll probably try this primer with one of my lighter foundations to see what it does then.

As far as facial primers go, this Galénic primer definitely has the best end result of the ones I've tried yet, which is especially impressive because the foundation I use these days (Revlon Colorstay) takes some finesse to apply without getting too heavy or patchy. If you have oilier skin than I do or have issues with your foundation's staying power, Galénic Ophycée's correcteur unifiant immédiat is worth a try. This isn't a budget product though, as it combines anti-aging properties with its primer function, retailing at about €38 online and at your local pharmacie.


No comments