Outfit: Maxi dress at Teva pool party

It seems like it was ages ago, but just a few weeks back, we were in the midst of a Belgian heatwave. And because I love that feeling of unadulterated summer, I pretty much pumped my fist in the air Jersey Shore style when I received a pool party invite. I had never been to a pool party! It was during an ACTUAL heatwave! I had just received a super cute bikini! The pool party was thrown by one of my two favourite sandal brands, Teva (the other being Birkenstock, natch)! I could bring a plus one! Safe to say, I whatsapped my sis, told her to put on her bikini and her Tevas (what can I say, we're real fans) and get her ass over to Antwerp to jump in the pool with me.

We met Joppe on our way there, and then we managed to take a streetcar in the opposite direction of where we were supposed to go. Yeah, not my brightest moment, but in the end we arrived where we were supposed to be and FUN WAS HAD BY ALL.

Teva pool party

This was also a prime opportunity to wear a super sexy maxi dress I had bought a couple of months ago. I don't know about you, but I don't have many occasions when I can wear a low cut, open back maxi dress. Perfect for a pool party, though!

chevron maxi dress with lace up back
chevron maxi dress with lace up back
chevron maxi dress with lace up back
chevron maxi dress with lace up back
chevron maxi dress with lace up back
rose gold teva sandals
maxi dress: Forever21 - sandals: c/o Teva - necklace: c/o Lobogato

My sister totally outshined me tho. AGAIN. What a babe. ALMOST makes me want to revisit the flowercrown look.

Maaji patchwork print bikini
 sister's bikini: C&A

I had the best of times and I felt like a total babe in my bikini (it crosses in the back with a small bow, squee!). We had mini sliders, I discovered gin tonic after just about everyone else on the planet, we blew bubbles, and we played with FLOATIES! 

poolparty
poolparty
poolparty
 pictures by me and Jelle Sluits (c)
I had loads of fun with some of my favourite fellow bloggers like Joppe, Naomi, Astrid, Charlotte E., Nathalie, Katrin, Julie, Monica and Charlotte D.. A MAJOR thank you to Oona and Teva for giving us a night we'll remember forever! Oh, and if you're having a pool party, I wouldn't mind being invited. Just sayin'.

No comments