Mint for Winter

cardigan: H&M - dress: Zara - tights: Pimkie - boots: Forever21 - fur hat: vintage


I have a soft spot for pastels in wintery outfits. People usually go for greys and blacks during the dark days, but I think colors and pastels can look great all year round if you combine them the right way: f.e. not mint + all dark colors, but a more harmonious combination of darker and lighter shades. I think this outfit would've failed with opaque black tights, but the sheerness of these lacy ones provides a more gradual transition between the lighter shades and my black booties. My sis took these pictures btw, this is the slightly celebratory outfit I put together for her bday.

I've been slowly getting excited about the sales: I've been keeping away from shopping and buying for a while because it feels ridiculous to buy items full price now if they'll be marked down in two weeks time. Coincidentally, this mindset has helped me resist impulse buys (even cheap stuff). I'll probably put together a sales wishlist one of these days to share with you guys, like I did in the summer sales. I noticed my wishlist being a majorly important tool to rationalize my shopping and thus my wardrobe, so I can't recommend it enough. Because, let's face it, we all have more than enough crap already, so why add more to that pile? The older I get, the more I'm feeling quality>quantity. 


How do you feel about pastels in wintertime? Excited about the sales?


10 comments

  1. Leuke outfit! En die muts staat u echt super :) ik draag ook gewoon nog felle kleuren hoor in de winter, zo val je tenminste nog eens op in de grijze mensenmassa op straat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the cardigan a recent buy? Because if so, I might have to go buy one myself, it's so cosy looking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, sorry! I've had it for a few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint looks pretty on you, but I can't really wear it :/ Looking forward to the sales, though not planning to shop much.

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dat munt kleedje in de winter = een go 4 sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do love the Holiday sale but I so hate the rush, with all the people but it's still worth it. What with the 50% mark down. Something's gotta give.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for mint in winter! Mint+burgundy+camel= joy.
    Your hat is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, it's totally useless to go shopping and buy full price at this time while things are going to be marked down after the xmas craze. I had to slow down with buying in this past year, forcing myself to get just things I really need vs impulse buying pretty yet useless stuff. I feel my wardrobe is better organized now, and now I know what is it missing and I have to get if I go shopping. It's really, really hard not to get in love with something I don't really need.. i.e, this week I was seeking for some simple pants, and I - of course - fall in love with a 60s inspired mini skirt.... only to realize I already have TONS of skirts and a way similar one, plus I was in the dressing room to get me some pants.. I got the pants at the end, the perfect pants actually, and I could not be more happy - I am going to enjoy those a lot!
    I say yes to wishlist and shopping lists - like when we go shopping for groceries! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds so familiar! I even buy random stuff that isn't on the list when grocery shopping. Food is so tempting, ESPECIALLY cheeses. And french bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmmm cheese! I could survive with just cheese and bread. Cheese is one of the best thing in life! :D
    yes, even grocery shopping is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete